Answered By: Dawn Wong
Last Updated: Sep 02, 2020     Views: 19

If you live outside of on-campus area, you can request for delivery of library items to your designated library branch or your home address as an Extended Campus User. See: for more information.

Extended Campus Users will need to request books through the Interlibrary Loan system (ILLiad), see:

For item found from the library's catalog page:, instead of selecting "place hold", you would need to select the "Extended campus User request via ILLiad" link, located on the upper right selection box.

Please update your address and delivery preference on your ILLiad account.  This will prevent material shipped to old addresses.

Only Faculty/Staff can request for Faculty/Staff Campus delivery options to their departmental offices, when placing hold on University Libraries items from the library's catalog page:

Note that Virginia Tech faculty or staff can designate a proxy borrower to pick up items on their behalf. For more information about proxy borrowers, please see the following Proxy Borrower Request Form.