Answered By: Robert Sebek
Last Updated: Aug 08, 2017     Views: 30

If you have a case citation, which is a number followed by an abbreviation and another number, that is the easiest way to find a court case. Otherwise, you will have to locate by party name.

If affiliated with Virginia Tech, you can search Fastcase to find cases. 

If unaffiliated, try the Cases & Codes section of FindLaw. There you will find links to federal and state cases.

The Virginia Tech Libraries has print copies of many federal and Virginia court cases.

  • Supreme Court cases: KF101A15x
  • Courts of Appeal cases: KF101 F42x (West's Federal Reporter)
  • District Court cases: KF101 F47x (West's Fedeal Supplement)
  • Virginia Supreme Court cases: KF2445 A15x
  • Virginia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals cases: KF135 S6x (West's South Eastern Reporter)

Related Topics

    Contact Us