Answered By: Robert Sebek Last Updated: Aug 08, 2017 Views: 11
Answered By: Robert Sebek
Last Updated: Aug 08, 2017 Views: 11
Do you have the SIC or NAICs code? Ratios are listed under SIC or NAICs codes.
To find the code, use the following:
- For SICs – look in the SEC/Edgar site.
- For NAICS – look in the North American Industry Classification System
- Pick out a company in the industry and search by its name in Mergent Online. The code is found under Company Details – synopsis
Once you have the code, use the following to get the industry ratios, look in:
- Almanac of Business and Industrial Financial Ratios (Ref HF5681. R25 A4 - Reference collection on second floor)
- Industry Norms and Key Business Ratios (Ref HF5681 R25 S44 - Reference collection on second floor)
It is possible to create individual industry list in Mergent Online, but for that it is best to talk to Ellen Krupar